Pacers Events and Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation present the Lost Dog 5Ks, a low-key 5K evening series along the Bluemont Trail in Arlington. Run by yourself or bring along your canine for a 5K run culminating in a post-race party every Friday at Lost Dog’s Stray Cat Café.
2015 race dates: August 7, 14, 21, 28.
Course Information & Parking
The race is located at 329 N. Manchester Street, Arlington, VA 22203. Please note this is south of the tennis court parking lot.
A fun out and back on the Washington and Old Dominion Trail. Limited field size keeps this race very relaxed (and not crowded on the trail).
There is very limited parking at the park but there is plentiful neighborhood parking. Please consider carpool if driving; overflow parking is available in the neighborhoods.
Packet Pick Up
Race bibs will be available on race day only from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. No advance pick up is available. Please note that dogs registered for the event will be issued their own timing tag for scoring purposes.
This event does not offer a race t-shirt or other premium. Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation merchandise will be available for purchase.
Each bib has a beverage tag available for redemption for a beverage after the race at the Stray Cat Café (located next to Lost Dog Café)
Bibs and timing tags will be available for pick up from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. If your dog is registered be sure to pick up his/her bib as well as they will be timed.
Running with your Pup
Rules for the Pups:
- All dogs participating must be well-socialized and friendly with people and dogs of all sizes.
- All dogs must remain leashed and under the control of a human at all times.
- Race organizers reserve the right to remove any dog who is behaving aggressively towards people or dogs.
- All dogs must be current on rabies vaccinations.
This event will utilize ChronoTrack timing tags. No tag = no time.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR BIB FOR EVERY RACE IN THE SERIES. LOST BIBS MAY BE CHARGED A FEE.
Proper Way for Dogs to Wear ChronoTrack D-Tag Timing Device
- The D-Tag should be affixed to the Dog’s Collar in the “D” shape using a safety pin attached through the two holes in the D-Tag.
- The D-tag should be placed at the bottom of the collar so it is closest to the ground and the Timing Mat.
- Please use a safety pin as this tag will need to be re-used each week the dog takes part in the race in order to be timed correctly.
- If the timing tag is lost or destroyed, a new timing tag for your dog will need to be replaced at registration for an additional fee of $5.00 a tag.
Please note that the rent-a-mutt program has been put on hiatus on 2014. We will still, however, have our fabulous Lost Dog puppy kissing booth! Come and see adorable puppies up for adoption!
Bags may be left under the pavilion during the event. Please note that bags will not be attended so leave at your own risk.
Awards and Post-Race Festivities
Enjoy a cold one at the post-race party at the Stray Cat Café located at 5866 N. Washington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22205. Stray Cat Café is located next to the Lost Dog Café in the Westover neighborhood of Arlington.
The post-race party is located just over a mile from the start/finish. If driving from the race head west on Wilson Boulevard; take a right onto Patrick Henry Drive; turn left onto Washington. Stray Cat Café is located on your left next to Lost Dog Café.
Coupons for complimentary beverages are attached to your bib for each week’s race. Come hungry for some great dinner specials.
Merchandise awards given to top finishers and age group winners. Medals for top pups in each weight class.